Welcome to the Advanced Manufacturing West 2020 Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Advanced Manufacturing West
February 11-13, 2020
Anaheim Convention Center
800 W Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA 92802
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 208A. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2020 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact [email protected] to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, entertainment, co-located conferences, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the Advanced Manufacturing West 2020 event websites
- A chance to have your session promoted on all Advanced Manufacturing West and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
1. Check your Speaker Profile for accuracy
2. Check your Session Schedule for accuracy
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you’ve already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
January 6th - Speaker Agreement Due - Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download.
January 6th - Professional Bio & Photo Due - Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Upload here.
January 21st - Presentation Slides Due
January 21st - Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
February 5th - Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
February 11-13th - MD&M West 2020 Conference, Smart Manufacturing 2020 Innovation Summit, 3D Printing 2020 Innovation Summit, Cannabis Packaging Summit
Conference & Theater Program Directors
Laurie Lehmann - [email protected] - 310-445-4208
Lucia Contreras - [email protected] - 424-353-1505
Jennifer Campbell - [email protected] - 508-981-4343
Conference Operations Lead - [email protected]
Theaters Operations Lead - [email protected]
Sponsorship Operations Lead - Huxley Collin - [email protected] - 424-581-9094
Design News - Barb Lundin - [email protected]
MD+DI and Qmed - Daphne Allen - [email protected]
Packaging Digest - Lisa Pierce - [email protected]
Plastics Today - Norbert Sparrow - [email protected]
Public Relations Lead - Audrey Uchimoto - [email protected]
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
• Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you). If your presentation contains video/animation, please alert your conference producer/operations lead.
• Name the presentation file: ANA2020_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
• Submit your presentation here →
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtag: #AdvMfgExpo
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #AdvMfgExpo on Feb 11th! See you there…
- Example 2: #AdvMfgExpo is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at the MD&M West Conference on Feb 12th with brand-new content on technology transfer. See you at the conference.
- Example 3: Post this graphic.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your track room on the second floor.
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to the 208A. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, and from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Thursday of the event.
Center Stage Location
The pavilion is located in the Lobby of the convention center through the main entrance on ground level. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Tech Theater Location
The pavilion is located at a to be determined booth in the expo. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead.
The pavilion is located in Hall E at Booth 455. Proceed through the main entrance of the convention center to the far-left side of the building and take the escalator down to the lowest level until you arrive at Hall E. Make your way to the 400 aisle until you arrive at Booth 455. Once there, check-in with the Operations Lead.
As a speaker, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch all days of the event; buffet lunch will be served in Room 213A from 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM daily.
Lunch & Learns
Please contact Huxley Collin at [email protected] to confirm your Lunch & Learn meeting room ahead of the event.
Parking & Complimentary Shuttle Service
There are several parking structures available for onsite parking.
- Standard rate is $18, Premium rate is $23, and VIP rate is $28
- Payment is due upon entry and there are no in and out privileges
- No overnight or RV parking is permitted
- Click here for more details on parking.
- Info on complimentary shuttle service is forthcoming
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, Advanced Manufacturing West 2020 has partnered with Convention Management Resources (CMR) to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, networking events, theater programs, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation (on a USB) with you onsite.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact [email protected].
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content may not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about Advanced Manufacturing West 2020 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].